top of page

Basic Needs and Advocacy

The Crouch team is available to help you access food, hygiene items and clothing. Drop in or make an appointment for mental health support, help with government applications, income tax filing or simply to chat. If you don't know what to do, we are here to help. 

Phone: 519-642-7630



Basic Needs

Community Food Cupboard

  • Available to community members within the Hamilton Road neighbourhood

  • Available Items: Snacks, cans/non-perishables, fresh produce, drinks, hygiene items, bread, baby items, and pet food

  • Items available vary day to day, depending on supply and demand.

  • Frequency of visits: the cupboard can be accessed every 14 days ( 2 weeks) 

Information and Referrals

  •  Income, Housing, Hydro, Mental Health

Advocacy Support and Service Navigation

  • Crouch Neighbourhood Resource is available to help community members with benefits applications, housing, taxes and more. If you’re not sure if we can help, just ask us. We can either help or refer you to someone who can.​

Clothing Vouchers​

Other supports as required

Community Outreach

Hot meal

Every Thursday at 11:30 am, Hamilton Road residents are invited to pick up a hot meal in front of the Crouch Library. 75 meals are provided per week on a first come first serve basis.

Tax Clinic


Through the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program, community organizations host free tax preparation clinics and arrange for volunteers to complete income tax and benefit returns for eligible individuals who have a modest income and a simple tax situation.


Start the process by picking up a tax form from our office. When completed return with the form and if applicable:

  • Social Insurance Number

  • T4/T5

  • Ontario Works, Employment Insurance, Pension, etc.

  • Current address and mailing address

  • Children's birth dates

  • Rent or property taxes paid - monthly or yearly

  • Expenses : medical, transportation, childcare, etc.

  • Education expenses

Please note: Volunteers do not complete tax returns for complex situations such as:

  • returns for deceased persons

  • people who have filed for bankruptcy

  • self-employed people

  • people who report capital gains or losses

  • people who report employment expenses, or business or rental income and expenses

bottom of page